Monday, September 28, 2009

Diamond Rio (The Story of Diamond Rio)

Author: Diamond Rio with Tom Roland
Hardcover: 288 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (September 15, 2009)
ISBN-10: 1595552685

My Review:

For over two decades, the formidable Diamond Rio has thrilled music fans by turning out hit after hit singles, like Meet Me In The Middle; Norma Jean Riley; Love a Little Stronger; Walkin’ Away; That’s What I Get For Loving You; Imagine That; Unbelievable; One More Day; and Beautiful Mess. I’ve been a fan from the beginning and was happy to see this book in print. So when Beautiful Mess (The Story of Diamond Rio) was released, I jumped at the chance to read it.

The book begins with their 2005 disastrous performance at River Front Park in Nashville, Tennessee and goes on to take fans and readers through the ups and downs of the bands career. Chapters include: Edge of Disaster; Tennessee River Boys; Marty Roe; Dan Truman; Jimmy Olander; Brian Prout; Gene Johnson; Dana Williams; Wild Ride; Team Rio; Nowhere Bound; Revived; and also includes a list of Diamond Rio’s Top 20 Country Hits, and their major awards and nominations. It is filled with photos of the band and their families.

The book did not disappoint me. In fact, I walked away with even more respect for the band members and their music. I highly recommend it to Diamond Rio fans.

(Thanks to Thomas Nelson Publishing for my review copy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment