Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cheerful Money / Review

Author: Tad Friend
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company;
(September 21, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316003174
My Review:
How many ways can a reviewer say boring? I hoped this would be an exciting look into the elegant, distinguished, old-fashioned WASP lifestyle. I wanted to read, to experience, in some secondhand way, the glitter, the sparkle of the wealthy and socially elite. What I did get in this book was a lot of painfully boring stories, dry humor that I didn't think was funny or wasn't able to relate to, and affiliations that meant nothing to me. I wanted to love this book, but woe is me....I just didn't.
(Thank you to Hachette Book Group for my review copy.)

2 comments:

  1. That happens sometimes, doesn't it? And it's always sad when it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I am well warned and will stay away!

    ReplyDelete