Sunday, June 14, 2009

Broken Wing by Judith James

"Broken Wing"
By- Judith James
440 pages
Publisher-Medallion Press

Sarah, Lady Munroe, better known as the Gypsy Countess, and her half brother Ross, Earl of Huntington, are in search of their little brother James. He has gone missing; they have hired investigators to hunt for him. Upon hearing the news that their baby brother has been found living in one of the finer Parisian brothels, the two set out to bring him home to the safety of their family, though expecting the worst.

Arriving is Paris, Sarah and Ross find James has not been harmed, only because a male prostitute, Gabriel, has befriended the little boy and protected him at all costs.Gabriel is intelligent, musically gifted, and handsome, but has known nothing else but life in the high-class brothel, having been brought there as a child, himself.

Little James is insistent that Sarah and Ross obtain his friend Gabriel's freedom and bring him home to live with them as the child's companion. They offer Gabriel the position, which he accepts, and strike an expensive deal with Madame Etienne for Gabriel's release.

This is where the love story begins and what a love story it is! Taking place in the Napoleonic era, it is full of secrecy, danger, suspense, and intense romantic devotion and desire. It takes the reader on a whirlwind adventure into the lives of Sarah, Gabriel, Ross, Gypsy Davey, and an assortment of other interesting characters.

Judith James has created an exquisitely written, sexy, fast moving, extraordinary book that the reader can barely lay aside once they open the book and begin to read. Readers who are looking for historical romance, high adventure, a page-turner, and don't mind adult content, will not want to miss this one.

Note: Thanks to Judith James for my review copy.

(You can also find this review at my blog Everything Victorian.)Happy reading!

10 comments:

  1. Interesting review. I am now a follower so hope that means I have a chance at the lovely pashmina. Thanks for the chance...good luck with your blog here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bingo- I will enter your name into the drawing. Thanks for dropping by... please come by often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog! I'm actually new to blogging as well. You can check mine out here - http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com.

    I'm following now! Hope to see more from you.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenni- You might want to stop by my other two blogs at www.theserenityroom.blogspot.com and www.myvictorianbooks.blogspot.com

    Thanks for stopping by! You are now entered in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara all the best with your blog. I had to goggle to see what a pashmina shawl is - other than gorgeous - all I can say is WOW : D Stop by and visit me some time - merryweatherbookblog.com
    ( 5 months so far ). Welcome to the blog world : D

    BevE
    merryweatherbookblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. BevE- Thanks for joining and also for you comment on Everything Victorian. I also have a women's blog called The Serenity Gate at www.theserenityroom.blogspot.com. It's just a lot of bloggy friends getting together. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice ... I so appreciate book reviews! Thank you for doing this for us!

    I'm following and I'm going to add this new blog to my blog roll.

    Take Care!

    Small Footprints
    http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Footprints- I'm so pleased to see you as a follower!!!!!! Come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara-I just signed up- welcome to blogging-good luck with the blog. I have a giveaway for Obama's Blackberry at Chocolate & Croissants.blogspot.com

    if you are interested.

    E.

    ReplyDelete