Sunday, July 12, 2009

Across The Pond

Across The Pond
Author: Storyheart
Paperback: 120 pages
Publisher: Xlibris Corporation; 1st edition (September 25, 2008)
ISBN-10: 1436371767

"Finding himself packed off to friends in the USA, fifteen-year-old English-born Fred Squire is not happy.....

Then he meets Brittany."

After reading several adult mysteries this spring and summer, I was ready for some light reading. Across The Pond is just that--teenage romance, adventure, and a happy ending. There's nothing better than young love, is there?

Not only was this a nice story that I would recommend to my children, but I was fascinated with all the language differences, too. For instance, a word that has a certain meaning to we Americans may have a completely different meaning to the British. I must say I got some giggles from those examples.

This book is fun, romantic, and a quick read. I recommend it to young and old alike--anyone who is looking for a fresh, unforgettable story.... especially, as summer reading.
(Thank you to the author for my review copy.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my book I am so glad you like the book.

    Second book is underway...

    Thank you once again

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received this book in the mail. I can not wait to read it now that I read your review.

    ReplyDelete